Thinking of hiring a marketing agency, CMO, or building your own internal marketing team but don’t know where to start?
On today’s episode, Ralph tackles a topic that, surprisingly, has never been addressed on Perpetual Traffic – the questions to ask when hiring CMOs, external agencies, or building an internal marketing team.
For many entrepreneurs and CEOs, one of the most daunting tasks in all stages of business is building the marketing department. This is primarily because they have three options to choose from: Build an in-house marketing department, outsource to a marketing agency, or hire a CMO. Each option has its pros and cons, and what works for you might not work for another.
If you are a little confused about deciding between the three choices, this episode is for you. We discuss the questions to ask when building a marketing department based on the 10 main areas of marketing.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
- The most important questions to ask when hiring a CMO
- Why CEOs and business owners are asking more from their CMOs
- How to help your company scale as a CMO
- Planning for success and why it’s so important
- Understanding cross-channel traffic and cross-channel communication
- How to use the customer acquisition path to hire a CMO
- Avatar research and its impact on revenue and leads
- How to test creatives and track campaign effectiveness |
Links and Resources:
- The CMO’s Guide to Picking the Right Internal Team
- Perpetual Traffic Episode with Chris Mercer
- Tier 11
- Perpetual Traffic Survey
- Follow Perpetual Traffic on Twitter
- Get a Free Month of Blogs from BKA Content
- Get a Free book on how to optimize your website Conversion Fanatics
- Learn how bots can automate your lead flow from BotBuilders
- 7 Levels of Scale workbook
- Get Roland’s book, Zero Down, FREE
- Find out your Leadership Trust Score at Ready to Lead.
- Register for our free Founders Board workshop
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Want to subscribe to Perpetual Traffic? Have some feedback you’d like to share? Connect with us on iTunes and leave us a review!