The biggest mistakes rookie (and even veteran) marketers make with paid traffic can often be traced back to poor ad targeting.
In the last episode of Perpetual Traffic, we learned to determine the ad platform that is most ideal for reaching your target audience. Is it Facebook? Google? Pinterest? Bing?
At the end of that episode you were left with some questions to answer about your ideal customer:
- Who are the authority figures, thought leaders or big brands?
- What books, magazines, newspapers does your ideal customer read?
- What tv shows and movies do they watch?
- What websites do they visit?
- Where do they live and how old are they?
- What kind of products do they buy?
- What are the common beliefs, ideas and passions they share?
In this episode, you’ll learn how to put the answers to these questions to work so you can target your offers to the people that will buy your product or service.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- The number of “Interests” you should use, how to organize them and the ideal audience size for your ads.
- The free tools the pros use to uncover audience interests and demographic information. (Look for the Amazon hack you can use to uncover new interests in seconds)
- The “Tiger Woods” trick that gets you laser focused on your Interest targeting and eliminates wasted ad spend.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Episode 07: Picking the Right Ad Platform: Where is Your Market Hiding?
Facebook Audience Insights
[VIDEO] Facebook Ad Targeting With Graph Search
The Ultimate Guide to Facebook Ad Targeting
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see in this post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Perpetual Traffic Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are super helpful and greatly appreciated as it helps us expose this show to a wider audience – plus, we read each and every one of them!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates…see you next time!