In late 2021, TikTok took over as the #1 trafficked domain name in the world. How did this happen and what does it mean for marketers?
In today’s episode, co-hosts Ralph Burn and Kasim Aslam sit down to discuss the future of video advertising. Kasim, who runs a Google ad agency and has a YouTube channel, is floored by the news that TikTok has surpassed Google as the number one domain. He’d been dismissive of TikTok and is ready to admit it’s clearly a huge opportunity. By the end of 2022, online videos will make up 82% of all consumed internet traffic. YouTube and TikTok are channels no serious marketer can ignore.
Listen in for some helpful tips on diversifying your traffic sources and advertising on YouTube and TikTok.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- Tips for making your TikTok ad look native to the platform (not like an ad)
- How YouTube is attempting to replicate TikTok
- Other trends (like the metaverse) you’ll want to get in on sooner than later
- Why Kasim thinks you need to run every viable channel available to you
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Ep. 356: Creating the Perfect High Converting TikTok Ad with Savannah Sanchez
- Ep. 358: TV Ads? How Marketers Can Tap Into a Blue Ocean with Dan Larkman
- Perpetual Traffic Survey
- Perpetual Traffic podcast
- Connect with Ralph and Kasim on Twitter
- No Limit Creatives gives you unlimited graphics/videos for one low monthly rate.
- Create an online store with Wix
- 7 Levels of Scale workbook
- Get Roland’s book, Zero Down, FREE
- Find out your Leadership Trust Score at Ready to Lead.
- Join Roland’s next EPIC Challenge
- Register for our free Founders Board workshop
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Want to subscribe to Perpetual Traffic? Have some feedback you’d like to share? Connect with us on iTunes and leave us a review.