Did you know you can sell products directly through the social media feed? No purchase journeys, no redirects, a simple click-to-buy option is all you need.
Today’s episode comes from our sister podcast, the Digital Marketer. Host Mark de Grasse sits down with Lauren Petrullo, one of the newest faculty members of the DigitalMarketer Academy to talk about the latest component of their eCommerce certification—social selling. Social selling allows you to buy in-app (on Facebook, Instagram, etc.) and never even venture to someone’s website. You’re meeting people right where they are, already browsing and shopping. The key is to make it as seamless as possible for customers to checkout directly through social media platforms.
Lauren has got her finger on the pulse of the future of eCommerce and says one thing we can do is pay close attention to where the big tech brands are investing.
Listen in to learn how you can get in on what Lauren calls “a much more mature social media commerce experience.” Discover why Ralph thinks eCommerce product categorization is an underutilized insight for remarketing.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
- What is social commerce?
- Social commerce versus eCommerce
- The future of selling is social
- eCommerce product categorization and why it’s so important
- Why social selling shouldn’t replace your website
- How Meta is incentivizing these social stores on different platforms
- Why the U.S. is massively behind on social media trends
- What kind of data/analytics you’ll have access to in your Meta shop
Connect with Lauren
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Solutions 8
- Perpetual Traffic Survey
- Perpetual Traffic Website
- Follow Perpetual Traffic on Twitter
- Connect with Ralph and Kasim on Twitter
- Get a Free Month of Blogs from BKA Content
- Get a Free book on how to optimize your website Conversion Fanatics
- 7 Levels of Scale workbook
- Get Roland’s book, Zero Down, FREE
- Find out your Leadership Trust Score at Ready to Lead.
- Register for our free Founders Board workshop
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Want to subscribe to Perpetual Traffic? Have some feedback you’d like to share? Connect with us on iTunes and leave us a review!